Want to work in an energetic and caring environment dedicated to strengthening the community? The Ashland Salvation Army Kroc Center offers a number of career opportunities designed to bring out the best in our staff and the people they serve. We consider qualified candidates for a variety of positions and take applications year-round.
Applying is easy! Just email your resume and cover letter directly to Debbie Cooper at email@example.com or submit the form below.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB.
The Recreation Associate is responsible for supervision of Kroc participants in RJ’s Place, Fun
Zone: Roller Skating, Laser Tag, Basketball; Field House: Indoor Soccer, RJ’s Spraypark, and other
sports and activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supervise Fun Zone, Field House, RJ’s Place and/or outdoor activities as requested.
2. Keep and maintain all public and restricted areas in a neat and clean fashion.
3. Generate legible and accurate accident and incident reports as required.
4. Maintain activities on schedule, ensuring that events and activities begin and end on time.
5. Ensure guest safety- immediately rectifying and/or reporting any potentially unsafe
conditions, reporting problem areas to the recreation coordinator.
6. Assist and direct guests in moving about the facility to avoid crowded conditions and maximize
7. Attend all scheduled staff meetings.
8. Follow and ensure adherence to The Salvation Army Policies and Procedures
9. Perform other assignments/duties as directed.
10. To be sensitive to the spiritual needs of people and offer to refer them to the Corps Officers
and/or another spiritual leader at the Kroc Center.
MINIMUM EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
1. Have the ability to work and relate well with people.
2. Able to lift and carry 40 lbs.
3. Meet all health and safety regulations as defined by the Health Department as well as The
4. Have a philosophy of education and child development consistent with that of the RJKCCC and
The Salvation Army.
5. Have the ability to work with children, parents, and staff in a capacity of leadership,
counseling and education including but not limited to:
a. Ability to relate joyfully and sensitively to children of all ages.
b. Sensitivity to children’s individual needs.
c. Ability to use appropriate positive discipline consistently.
e. Ability to handle security and crisis situations, calmly.
6. Maintain a professional attitude and approach to problem solving.
7. Must be at least 16 years old.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS.
1. current first aid and CPR
THE SALVATION ARMY RAY & JOAN KROC CORPS COMMUNITY CENTER
527 East Liberty Street
Ashland, Ohio 44805
Facility Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30AM-8PM
Sunday Worship: 10AM
Social Services: Monday-Friday, 9AM-3PM
Food Pantry: Monday, 11AM-2PM;