Kroc Center Open to Public
The Ashland Salvation Army Kroc Center is open to all. Memberships are not needed, but you must register at the Welcome Center to be a part of the Kroc Center. We do collect contact information on each guest for emergency reasons. Parental signatures are required for those younger than 18 years.
How to Register for Kroc Programs
SIGN-UP AT THE WELCOME CENTER
Please register at the Welcome Center today or over the phone at 419.281.8001.
Payments, Refunds & Cancellations
- Cancellations seven (7) or more days prior to the first class will receive a full refund of the class and material fees. Cancellations after that point will receive a prorated refund for the number of classes, which have occurred (regardless of whether you have attended or not), minus a $5 service charge. Material fees will not be refunded.
- All rentals/parties have a 50% non-refundable deposit due at time of booking. All room rentals/parties must be paid in full one (1) week before the rental occurs. Any cancellations must be made at least two (2) weeks prior to a rental/party, or a refund will not be given. Refunds are subject to prior agreement. Please see our rentals section of our website for more rental information.
- Refunds will be given when programs are canceled due to low enrollment.
- There will be a $20 charge for each returned check. Use of the Kroc Center is not permitted until payments are made current. Checks will not be resubmitted and all future payments must be made in cash, credit or debit.
Snow Day Policy
- If Ashland Public Schools are closed or dismissed early because of weather after-school programs at the Kroc Center will be canceled.
- All cancellations and closures will be posted on our website and Facebook page, and broadcast on channels WVMC and WNCO as soon as possible.
AS PART OF JOAN KROC’S WISH FOR THE KROC CENTER, we offer scholarship opportunities toward classes and activities. Financial need must be demonstrated. Applications are available at the Welcome Center. For details, call us at 419.281.8001.
Code of Conduct & Policies
IN ORDER TO FACILITATE POSITIVE LIFE EXPERIENCES while at the Salvation Army Kroc Center, mutual respect between members, guests, and staff is required at all times. Failure to observe these policies will result in disciplinary action and/or termination of membership privileges.
- Children (17 & under) must be accompanied by an adult (parent or guardian) when in the facility unless registered for a specific class or program that accepts young children. If participating in an age-appropriate activity, they are to be taken to the program area and picked up from the program area by an adult.
- If children are not picked up by closing time, the parent/guardian will be called. If no one can be reached, or if the children are not picked up within a 10-minute period, the Ashland Police Department will be called.
- Attire: Shoes and shirts are required to be worn in the facility at all times.
- Drug and alcohol usage is prohibited on Salvation Army property.
- Smoking Policy: The Kroc Center is a smoke & vape free campus. Smoking is only permitted in the designated smoking area located in the west side parking lot.
- Grievance Policy: The supervisor on duty will work out any grievances that arise with guests. If they cannot be resolved in this manner, guests should put their concerns in writing and give them to the Welcome Center staff. A member of the administrative staff will contact the guest and will work to find an acceptable resolution to the situation.
- Internet Usage: The Salvation Army reserves the right to monitor the internet activity of our guests and staff including websites they visit.
- Profanity: Language used in the facility is to be respectful of others. Profanity or other hurtful language is unacceptable.
- Personal items: The Salvation Army is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged personal items that are brought into the center. For Lost & Found items, please see a Welcome Center Associate.
- Provision of Service: The Salvation Army Kroc Center personnel have the right to refuse service to anyone deemed disruptive or abusive.
- Speed Limit: The Kroc Center speed limit is 5 mph within the parking lot.
- No pets allowed unless they are participating in a program or are a service animal.